Monday, September 1, 2014

Things aren't going the way I planned

Things aren't going the way I planned.

People aren't doing what they SHOULD be doing.

I can't understand why they don't realise (when the issue is so obvious!) and why don't they do something about it...



It's a problem - and it's causing me stress.
It's a problem that gnaws away at me until something changes.
It's a problem that hijacks my thoughts - and my happiness.

It's a problem that I need to do something about. I have to get things back on track. I can't leave things the way they are. I have to think it through, work it out, say something, do something, talk to someone, convince them ... address it somehow - ASAP!

OR

Do I take a moment and ask myself "Do I need to be more flexible?"

When situations don't go the way I think they should, I can try hard to make it go the way I think, or I can look at whether I need to be more flexible, more patient and what I can learn from this.

Some issues definitely need to be addressed. Some situations can't stay the way they are.

But before we line up the bazookas in battle, run them through the filter of "Do I need to be more flexible?"

and then figure out what we can learn from all of this.

No comments: